After signing up with Asl Belgisi, each commodity turnover participant gets an automatically generated custom-tailored pack of agreements to be read up and signed with the digital signature on behalf of the Director General.
Signing the agreements is one of the main steps to start using Data Matrix.
In this article you will learn:
- Why to sign agreements with the Asl Belgisi operator
- What types of agreements should be signed by participants in the commodities turnover?
- What is specific about agreements with pilot participants
Why to sign agreements with the Asl Belgisi operator
Each commodity turnover participant is invited to sign a pack of documents to enable functions of the Asl Belgisi User Account.
Without signing documents, Asl Belgisi cannot be further used either through graphical or software interfaces. Therefore, without signing the proposed agreements, you will not be able to order Data Matrix codes and register your products with the National Catalog.
What types of agreements should be signed by participants in the commodities turnover?
- Agreement for Connecting to the Asl Belgisi Labeling and Traceability System — This agreement should be signed by each commodity turnover participant, from manufacturers to retailers;
- Data Matrix Agreement — this agreement will be signed only by manufacturers and importers, since it is them who are responsible for labeling. Data Matrix agreements are concluded for each commodity group.
Each agreement will be signed via the Asl Belgisi User Account using the digital signature if you are a member of the mandatory labeling scheme for a particular commodity group.
The agreements are signed on a free-of-charge basis just as the use of the labeling system is free. Payment will be made only for Data Matrix codes and by manufacturers and importers, only.
What is specific about agreements with pilot participants
If you want to participate in a pilot project, before signing up with Asl Belgisi you need to contact the manager of the relevant commodity group to read up and conclude the Data Matrix agreement in person.
The Data Matrix agreement for the duration of the pilot project should be concluded outside the Asl Belgisi User Account, since the Data Matrix codes are provided for the pilot duration at free.
You may not sign up unless you have concluded the agreement.
If a previously registered participant has switched from a pilot project to mandatory labeling, they should enter into a new Data Matrix agreement, because now the Data Matrix codes will be issued for a fee, regardless of whether you have participated in the pilot project or not.
The new Data Matrix agreement will be concluded via the Asl Belgisi User Account using the digital signature.